Saturday, November 17, 2007

Emma "Spares Some Hair"





One of our neighbors, and friend, Chloe, has luekemia. She is undergoing treatment and has lost all of her hair. One Friday Michael and Lauren, a darling Laurel from our ward, held a "Spare Some Hair" event in Chloe's honor. They worked together to get local hair dressers to come to the school and cut ponytails and then they advertised with flyers and announcements at school. They ended up with 21 ponytails and many more touched hearts.


Emma has been dying to "give her hair to Chloe" so she jumped at the chance to be involved. She even wore a special t-shirt all day Friday and talked to reporters before and after her haircut. "Chloe has to take medicine that makes her hair fall out. I think she would like my orange hair." We think her new do is darling and we are so proud of both Emma and Michael.


This has been a cool experience for the whole family!!

2 comments:

The Parkers said...

Oh my are they getting so big!! Love the pictures!

out numbered said...

That is the coolest thing ever! Go Emma. I did that to my hair too and I remember how cool it felt to help out! What a great service!- Deanna