Friday, June 26, 2009

JEALOUSY!!

Ben and the boys are at Boy Scout Camp this week. I miss them. I miss the silly boy talks. I miss my honey kisses. I miss the long evening chats. But the truth is....
I am so JEALOUS....
I want to run away to the mountains. I want to canoe and kayak. I want to walk across rope bridges, 50 feet in the air. I want to spend 40 minutes every day out in the wilderness just meditating. I want to swim in a lake that I fish in. I want to sit around a fire and laugh and tell stories. I want to carve with a pocketknife and watch deer in the fields. I want to watch my boys learn new things and grow and face fears and make friends.

And mostly, I want someone in the Mess Hall to make my meals, EVERY DAY FOR A WEEK!!

I used to think that the Boy Scouting program was designed to rip young men from their mother's tender loving arms. I now think that as they drag my babies into man-hood they are laughing as they go!!!

3 comments:

B and B said...

I am with you there sister! I always wanted to be an Eagle Scout also...

erica said...

we must have been raised by a scout master. I wanted to do those things too!

The Mighty Yam said...

I want to do those things too. Oh, wait. I'm taking Andrew camping to do those things in two weeks.

We might bring Mylie too.