Monday, March 8, 2010

USMC Rollercoaster

February 22-We just recieved word that Ben's name is on the short list to join a team leaving for Afghanistan on March 24th, for three months. I am shocked and...well just shocked. It seems like he just got home from his last deployment...oh, because he did. I dread telling the kids.

February 26
-We just recieved word that Ben's name has been removed from the list. Evidentally, "the list" didn't leave any leadership behind for those not going. I am so relieved, happy...and a little frusterated that we already told the kids he was leaving and had to watch them deflate. There is a piece of me that doesn't believe it is true. I think I will wait a week or two before I tell the little kids...just in case.

March 3-We just recieved word that Ben's name is back on the list. I am so angry. I understand that it's his job but...the back and forth stuff...it's so hard on me and the kids. We just told them that he wasn't going. How am I supposed to tell them that he is?

I told Ben that if they change their minds again he better just get a barracks room for the next three months cause these poor kids are so confused and messed up. He is pretty sure they are not going to change their minds again. He is going to Aghanistan.

4 comments:

B and B said...

I am sorry for the back and forth! We have been praying A LOT for you guys!! You can do it!

erica said...

but 3 months not 4. I love you sister.

Jenifer said...

We are all gonna be in the same boat. Matthew leaves ADVON (advanced party) This coming sat at 115am! He will be heading to Afghanistan too. Oh the joys. I feel your pain. That is the Corps for ya ;)

Dawn Davis said...

{{HUGS}} from Alaska!! We'll keep praying for him, and you and the kids! Love you!