Sunday, September 16, 2012

Alphabet Date 3
C is for Carriage Ride
 
Friday night Ben and I went into Fredericksburg.  We had a wonderful dinner in a little pub called Sammy T's.  Ben had "Cat"Fish and Chips (in honor of my parents who are in London right now) and I enjoyed a delicious and spicy Chicken wrap.  When dinner was over we strolled the quaint streets of Old-town Fredericksburg.  The weather was perfect, not "jacket" chilly but "no bugs" cool.  The historic storefronts are full of antique shops and galleries. 
 
At 8 o'clock we strolled to a corner where Ben introduced me to Patricia, a beautiful white horse...hooked to a Carriage!!  I can not express how excited I was.  I have always wanted to go on a horse drawn carriage ride.  When Ben told me that it was actually a Haunted Tour I wanted to jump up and down with excitement. 
 
We climbed aboard and Patricia and her charming driver took us on the most enjoyable tour of my life.  During the one hour tour, our driver pointed out interesting historical locations like George Washington's sister's and mother's homes and also alleged haunted locations like the St. George Cemetery.  (Coincidentally, George Washington's sister's home and his mother's home have many claims of hauntings as well.)  We learned about ghost children, ghost soldiers, ghost slaves, ghost joksters and even ghosts of US Presidents.  We chatted, cuddled and craned our necks in search of just one personal sighting. 


Although we didn't see any ghosts of our own, we now know where to look.  The evening was perfect.  Alphabet dating is the best! 

1 comment:

Stacie said...

That sounds like so much fun! What a great date idea!