Friday, January 2, 2009

Daddy Santa

I love Christmas parties...and this season we've had lots...school parties, work parties, assorted Church parties. We even had a little party at our house this year. I love the spirit of Christmas, the fun of Santa Claus and the wonder that is everywhere. I especially love the wonder that is in the eyes of my youngest as he climbs aboard the soft and jelly like lap of Old St. Nick.

During one of our occasions to party, Ben was asked to step in for Santa, as he was very busy at the time, dealing with a minor reindeer emergency at the North Pole. He was the most jolly, the most friendly and the most sweaty Santa I have ever seen. He had only three criers of the whole 100 kid bunch. When he came into the greeting room surrounded by children and belted his "HO-HO-HO" Spencer turned to me and said, "Hey, Santa sounds just like my Dad." The gig was up...sort of. Spencer called him Daddy Santa for the two hours he visited. When Ben reappeared as himself later in the evening Spencer asked him if he had passed Daddy Santa in the hallway. HMMMM?

We have been blessed with many Santa visits this year and these are a few pictures of the jolly old elf with my monkeys.



THANK YOU SANTA!!

No comments: