Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Devil Inside

I had a hard morning...I was grumpy and the kids were difficult. The climate in my home was perfect for the metamorphosis...the devil inside me reared it's ugly head..or more accurately, it's voice.

Sometimes, not often, but on occasion I yell with the voice of a demon. It is unrecognizable, even to me. It flows out of my mouth like a fountain of deep, dark evil...in phrases like, "STOP IT," and "DO WHAT I SAY." As soon as my mouth shuts I shudder in horror...and watch as my children either flee or huddle in terrified objectification. I am never prepared for it and I am always sorry.

I am not sure where it comes from. However I have a theory...I am nearly certain that it found it's way into me on one of my many world excursions, tomb raiding. In fact, I am probably channeling an ancient evil Emperor from the Ztiski's Empire. And while I find relief knowing that the "voice" that rises and pours out of me on occasion is probably not mine...it still bothers me that there must be a very rotten and ugly place deep in the crevices of my soul, where the voice resides.

While I ponder these things please don't call a psychologist on my behalf. While I appreciate the concern, please note that the scary voice coming out of me is doing only that. It's not "telling" me things. It is simply coming up and out of me...like a devil inside! Hey, isn't that a great old 80's song? INXS? I think I might just need to take my IPOD off before I fall asleep and mavbe change my playlist!

3 comments:

erica said...

scary. if I lived closer, when you had those moments, I'd take your kids and give you a reprieve. that's probably what you needed.

Sara said...

Andrea I'm glad I'm not the only one!!! But I think I picked up my demon at the Alamo.

B and B said...

It sounds like you, and the devil voice inside, need a vacation!