Monday, August 24, 2009

The Princess and the Pee

Last night, in Ben’s absence, I let my littlest prince and my princess sleep with me. As luck, or maybe Murphy’s Law would have it, he did his four year old duty…he wet the bed. The Princess was distraught, waking up soaking in her brother’s pee. I was distraught, waking up soaking in her brother’s pee. He was distraught waking up…

I undressed them, showered them, redressed them and put them back to bed in their own beds…dry and content. All the while, in the recesses of my sleep fogged mind, I found comfort knowing that my mattress was protected from the “pee” by my plastic mattress cover.

About seven years ago I got wise…and got a plastic mattress cover to protect my mattress from wetness brought on by my little bed-wetters. It has proven to be worth it’s weight in gold.

However, as I stripped off my sheets and my fluffy mattress cover I discovered that there was a 2 inch slit in my plastic mattress cover…and my littlest prince peed directly on top of it. The mattress was soaked.

Tonight, as I put the plastic cover back onto the, now dry but still peed, mattress I appreciate the irony in the plastic mattress cover not only keeping the pee out but also keeping it in…I love happy endings!!!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Oh Andrea! You have such a way of making seemingly bad situations funny! Sorry about your mattress!!

out numbered said...

I laugh out loud with all of your Spencer stories. I am so glad you share them. I am sorry about the bed and the awful wake up call in the night, but thanks for the story.

Tori said...

Oh my goodness Andrea! I love reading your blog entries! I read them to my mom and we practically end up rolling on the floor! We both know that you need to write a book. :) It would be a #1 seller!