Monday, August 30, 2010

Life Will Never Be The Same

Have you ever experienced a moment in life where, in a fraction of a second, you realize...from this moment on, life will never be the same. I think we all experience moments like this; the moment we say "I do," the moment we hear the first cry of our first child, the moment we lose a loved one.

I have experienced a few of these moments. As I ran up to help at my first accident scene I had a moment. Life was never the same. When I walked out of the courthouse following my divorce I had a moment. Life was never the same. When I said good-bye to my husband and sent him to Iraq for the first time I had a moment. Life was never the same. And today, when I watched my youngest baby walk into his Kindergarten classroom I had a moment. Life will never be the same.

I am sad. I will miss our walks together. I will miss our cuddly naps and shopping treks. I will miss his company. He might miss me a little bit. (I secretly hope.) I know, however, that his days will be full of fun, adventure and learning. There won't be much time for missing. I, on the other hand, will have plenty of empty time for that.

So, now that I have had a "life will never be the same" moment, I must decide what life will be. I guess I could keep the house clean. I could do the laundry. I could start going to the gym regularly. I could volunteer in his classroom. I could read more, and it could be a book without pictures. I could catch up on Lost or catch up on sleep. I could get a hair cut or a pedicure. I could have a lunch date with friends or even my sweetheart. I could take a class. I could garden or paint. I could write. I could shop. I could sit on the beach or walk through a park.

Wait, I have just had a moment...LIFE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!!!!

1 comment:

erica said...

or you could help your sister write a lesson on time management and prioritizing...:)