Friday, August 6, 2010

Michael Has Learned...

Hey everyone... It's Michael. Just got back from the jambo and I thought I might as well get some things down so I don't forget.

Over the last 2 weeks I've been gone, I've learned many things....
.At the jambo, 1 day can feel longer than 2 weeks.
.In Time Square 2 hours feels like 30 minutes.
.Boy Scouts are kinda gross... but they rock all the same.
.Matthew Bowden doesnt snore.
.My parents are truly amazing!
.I love my girlfriend very much.
.It's all good if you hang a coat hanger on a fire sprinkler... you'll just have to stay up for a couple more hours out on the street.
.Ex-wives arent really that bad.
.Hooters welcomes Boy Scouts.
.Moses will be president right after Eric Lissner.
.Ben Franklin looks pretty fly in neon green sunglasses.
.The Blue Man Group likes to eat gumballs and Twinkies.
.Watching Psych is best at 3 in the morning.
.I finally know who Swichfoot is.
.The Statue of Liberty isn't as big as it looks on the postcards.
.Troop 814 can totally break into the White House.
.It's amazing what you can't do on a bus for 4 hours.
.D&D is a great way to pass the time.
.Sometimes the best sports jersey in no shirt at all.
.One of the best ways to get the boys together???... The Simpsons Movie in room 218!
.Kermit the Frog has faded with age.
.I make the scout uniform look good!
.Ugg patrol is the best and you know it!
.Don't try to towel change in public. Especially when Malcolm is around....
.Sometimes the best bed is a dozen duffle bags.
.Garth Despain is a great man.
.A Scout Master gets a free pass to heaven.
.Merit Badges are over-rated.
.When the sign says "Estimated 2 hours" it really means 6.
.Always bring your poncho.
.Shotgun is easy...bring it Daddy!
.I can sew a button on.
.That wasn't the chili we ate on Friday...was it?
.It's hard to juggle batteries!
.All 12 year olds are annoying, not just my brother.
.What is a kiosk? Really?
.The ARMY is pretty lame....Ooooo-raah!!
.Mike Rowe(Dirtiest Jobs) is a pretty chill dude.
.Don't trade with Russians.
.A Scout is clean??
.Community Prayer is the best... Especially with a group of guys you just met.
.Solar panels are amazing... flat-up.

But one of the most important things I learned on my trip is that I now have 33 more brothers!

2 comments:

Stacie said...

That is awesome!! Some of those make me worry, especially the comment about last Friday's chili.... :) Love ya Michael!

Eric Devericks said...

You are such a cool kid! I hope Sully and Finn grow up to be like you!