Wednesday, July 28, 2010

50 Things You May Not Know About Me

1. I get butterflies when I see Ben’s name on my caller ID.
2. I sing at the top of my lungs in my van.
3. I wish I looked on the outside the way I feel on the inside.
4. I love working at the school and knowing the staff and teachers.
5. I have read the Book of Mormon 4 times…almost 5.
6. Mothering my kids has been the best thing I have EVER done, and the hardest.
7. I was in a car accident and broke the side window out with my head...no long term damage...I think.
8. I am terrible at keeping in touch with friends when they move away, but I never forget them.
9. I love mangos.
10. I have a blast body boarding with my boys.
11. I would love to parachute one day.
12. I have a secret fear of foreign travel...but I want to get over it.
13. I have eaten shark, squid and octopus and I am not a huge fan of seafood.
14. Almond Joys are my favorite candy bar.
15. Root beer is my favorite soda pop, with Strawberry Fanta a close second.
16. I don't drink caffeine.
17. My right ear has 2 piercings and my left has 4, but I only ever wear one pair of earrings now.
18. I have a really hard time talking on the phone...I need body language cues to be comfortable in a conversation.
19. I have been a 1st responder to three different car accidents, two of which changed me forever.
20. I was a terrible college student, until I had to pay for it myself and then...straight A's.
21. I had a mad crush on my History professor. He called and asked me out after the semester was over. I had just gotten married.
22. I failed Chemistry my Junior year of High School and had to take it again as a Senior.
23. In High School I lettered in Theater, Basketball (I managed the Varsity boys team, ooo-la-la), and believe it or not...Business.
24. I lived in the Pineview Apts. in Rexburg, Idaho as a Freshman and Sophomore at Ricks College.
25. When I was 17, my best friend, Tami and I drove from Longmont, Co to Colorado Springs, Co in a cherry red convertible...in bikinis...during rush hour.
26. I have cruised Main St. in Longmont, Co probably close to 400 times.
27. I have never been arrested.
28. I have never gotten a tattoo.
29. I love semi-sweet chocolate chips.
30. I want to write a book some day.
31. I have been the stage manager for many high school and community theater productions.
32. I hate to dust and mate socks.
33. When I retire I want to have chickens.
34. I don't know enough about politics...it embarrasses me...and it should.
35. Staying busy keeps me from the brink of depression.
36. I am afraid of Black Widows.
37. I love having the Elders over for dinner.
38. Sometimes I fall asleep saying my prayers.
39. I have been skinny-dipping.
40. I had to look up "got vs. gotten" to be grammatically correct.
41. I make friends easily but I often feel shy. I avoid confrontation like the plague.
42. I love musicals. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers is my favorite.
43. Bee stings make me swell HUGE.
44. I am a divorcee and I am so glad.
45. I read Twilight years before it was cool.
46. I have permanent retainers on the back of both my top and bottom teeth.
47. I love the Food Network.
48. I don't know how to do a cart-wheel.
49. I won a fire starting contest the same day that I won an archery contest.
50. I fantasize about clandestine rendezvous. (With my one and only, of course!)

4 comments:

Jenifer said...

You are my idol :) I miss you my friend. You Rock

Bonnie said...

51. One of a very select few that have seen Bonnie's hooohaw.
52. One of a very select few that Bonnie considers a close, loyal, irreplaceable and wonderful friend.

B and B said...

I LOVE this post!! And we have a lot of things in common...

Samantha Black said...

Cool post :)
I really like your blog