Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Procrastination-My friend!!

This morning I woke up to a lake in my kitchen. A frigid, arctic lake. I love lakes. Lakes are usually lovely, serene and filled with nature's miracles. My kitchen lake, however, was NOT serene, far from lovely and filled with the bits of food, trash and a magnetic "G" that floated out from under the fridge.

It seems that at some point last evening the ice maker in my refrigerator malfunctioned and instead of creating ice cubes it just drizzled water all over my floor-ALL NIGHT LONG. Stopping the drizzle was easy enough but getting rid of the lake...not quite so simple.

Fortunately, I had my friend Procrastination on my side this morning. Instead of washing the last two loads of laundry last night (which happened to be two HUGE loads of towels) I played a Mystery Detective Computer Adventure. Thus, leaving MANY dirty towels for me to use for lake sopping. Yeah me, for putting off 'til tomorrow what could be done today!

If only I hadn't mopped the Mother's Day Ochango off of the floors...the lake and the dirty towels could have done it for me. See, I have learned a lot about the value of Procrastination this morning and I will be changing my life accordingly. I love you Procrastination, my friend!

2 comments:

B and B said...

YAY for you!!! You were not procrastinating... you were just WISE!!

erica said...

out with chinese proverbs and in with andrea wisdom. you should write a book full of them starting with why we should procrastinate.